- And it came to pass that after I, the Lord God, had driven them out, that Adam began to till the earth, and to have dominion over all the beasts of the field, and to eat his bread by the sweat of the brow as I, the Lord, had commanded him. And Eve also, his wife, did labor with him. And Adam knew his wife, and she bore unto him sons and daughters, and they began to multiply and to replenish the earth. And from that time forth, the sons and daughters of Adam began to divide two and two in the land, and to till the land, and to tend flocks; and they also begot sons and daughters.
- And Adam called upon the name of the Lord, and Eve also, his wife; and they heard the voice of the Lord from the way toward the Garden of Eden speaking unto them, and they saw him not, for they were shut out from his presence. And he gave unto them commandment that they should worship the Lord their God and should offer the firstlings of their flocks for an offering unto the Lord. And Adam was obedient unto the commandments of the Lord.
- And after many days, an angel of the Lord appeared unto Adam, saying, Why do you offer sacrifices unto the Lord? And Adam said unto him, I know not but the Lord commanded me. And then the angel spoke, saying, This thing is a similitude of the sacrifice of the Only Begotten of the Father who is full of grace and truth. Wherefore, you shall do all that you do in the name of the Son. And you shall repent and call upon God in the name of the Son for ever more.
- And in that day the holy ghost fell upon Adam, which bore record of the Father and the Son, saying, I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and for ever, that as you have fallen, you may be redeemed — and all mankind, even as many as choose. And in that day, Adam blessed God, and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying, Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again, in my flesh I shall see God. And Eve his wife heard all these things and was glad, saying, Were it not for our transgression, we should never had seed, and should never had known good and evil, and the joy of our redemption, and the eternal life which God gives unto all the obedient. And Adam and Eve blessed the name of God, and they made all things known unto their sons and their daughters.
- And Satan came among them, saying, I am also a Son of God. And he commanded them, saying, Believe not. And they believed not, and loved Satan more than God. And men began from that time forth to be carnal, sensual, and devilish. And the Lord God called upon men by the holy ghost everywhere and commanded them that they should repent. And as many as believed in the Son and repented of their sins should be saved. And as many as believed not and repented not should be damned. And the words went forth out of the mouth of God in a firm decree, wherefore they must be fulfilled. And Adam ceased not to call upon God, and Eve also his wife.
- And Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord, wherefore he may not reject his words. But behold, also Cain listened not, saying, Who is the Lord that I should know him? And she again conceived, and bore his brother Abel. And Abel listened unto the voice of the Lord. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
- And Cain loved Satan more than God. And Satan commanded him, saying, Make an offering unto the Lord. And in process of time, it came to pass that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord. And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering, but unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect.
- Now Satan knew this and it pleased him, and Cain was very angry and his countenance fell. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why are you angry? Why is your countenance fallen? If you do well, shall you not be accepted? And if you do not well, sin lies at the door. And Satan desires to have you, and except you shall listen unto my commandments, I will deliver you up and it shall be unto you according to his desire. And you shall rule over him, for from this time forth you shall be the father of his lies. You shall be called Perdition, for you were also before the world. And it shall be said in times to come that these abominations were had from Cain, for he rejected the greater counsel which was had from God. And this is a cursing which I will put upon you except you repent. And Cain was angry and listened not anymore to the voice of the Lord, neither to Abel his brother, who walked in holiness before the Lord. And Adam also and his wife mourned before the Lord because of Cain and his brethren.
- And it came to pass that Cain took one of his brother’s daughters to wife, and they loved Satan more than God. And Satan says unto Cain, Swear unto me by your throat, and if you tell it, you shall die. And swear your brethren by their heads and by the living God that they tell it not, for if they tell it, they shall surely die — and this that your father may not know it. And this day I will deliver your brother Abel into your hands. And Satan swore unto Cain that he would do according to his commands. And all these things were done in secret. And Cain says, Truly I am Mahon, the master of this great secret — that I may murder and get gain; wherefore, Cain was called Master Mahon. And he gloried in his wickedness. And Cain went into the field and Cain talked with Abel his brother. And it came to pass that while they were in the field, Cain rose up against Abel his brother and slew him. And Cain gloried in that which he had done, saying, I am free; surely the flocks of my brother fall into my hands.
- And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel your brother? And he said, I know not; am I my brother’s keeper? And he said, What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries unto me from the ground. And now you shall be cursed from the earth which has opened her mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. When you till the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto you her strength. A fugitive and a vagabond shall you be in the earth. And Cain said unto the Lord, Satan tempted me because of my brother’s flocks, and I was angry also, for his offering you did accept and not mine. My punishment is greater than I can bear. Behold, you have driven me out this day from the face of the Lord, and from your face shall I be hidden, and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth. And it shall come to pass that he that finds me shall slay me because of my iniquities, for these things are not hidden from the Lord. And the Lord said unto him, Whoever slays you, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And I, the Lord, set a mark upon Cain lest any finding him should kill him.
- And Cain was shut out from the presence of the Lord, and his wife, and many of his brethren, and dwelled in the land of Nod on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife, and she conceived and bore Enoch; and he also begot many sons and daughters. And he built a city and he called the name of the city after the name of his son Enoch. And unto Enoch was born Irad, and other sons and daughters; and Irad begot Mehujael, and other sons and daughters; and Mehujael begot Methusael, and other sons and daughters; and Methusael begot Lamech. And Lamech took unto himself two wives, the name of one being Adah and the name of the other Zillah. And Adah bore Jabal; he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and they were keepers of cattle. And his brother’s name was Jubal, who was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ. And Zillah, she also bore Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every craftsman in brass and iron. And the sister of Tubal-Cain was called Naamah.
- And Lamech said unto his wives Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice, you wives of Lamech. Listen unto my speech, for I have slain a man to my wounding and a young man to my hurt. If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech shall be seventy-sevenfold. For Lamech, having entered into a covenant with Satan after the manner of Cain wherein he became Master Mahon, master of that great secret which was administered unto Cain by Satan — and Irad, the son of Enoch, having known their secret, began to reveal it unto the sons of Adam — wherefore, Lamech, being angry, slew him — not like unto Cain his brother Abel, for the sake of getting gain, but he slew him for the oath’s sake. (For from the days of Cain there was a secret combination, and their works were in the dark, and they knew every man his brother.) Wherefore, the Lord cursed Lamech, and his house, and all they that had covenanted with Satan, for they kept not the commandments of God, and it displeased God, and he ministered not unto them. And their works were abominations and began to spread among all the sons of men. And it was among the sons of men; and among the daughters of men, these things were not spoken, because Lamech had spoken the secret unto his wives and they rebelled against him, and declared these things abroad, and had not compassion. Wherefore, Lamech was despised and cast out, and came not among the sons of men lest he should die. And thus the works of darkness began to prevail among all the sons of men.
- And God cursed the earth with a severe curse and was angry with the wicked, with all the sons of men whom he had made, for they would not listen unto his voice nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him who he declared should come in the meridian of time, who was prepared from before the foundation of the world. And thus the gospel began to be preached from the beginning, being declared by holy angels sent forth from the presence of God, and by his own voice, and by the gift of the holy ghost. And thus all things were confirmed unto Adam by a holy ordinance, and the gospel preached, and a decree sent forth that it should be in the world until the end thereof. And thus it was. Amen.
- And Adam listened unto the voice of God and called upon his sons to repent. And Adam knew his wife again, and she bore a son, and he called his name Seth. And Adam glorified the name of God, for he said, God has appointed me another seed instead of Abel whom Cain slew. And God revealed himself unto Seth, and he rebelled not, but offered an acceptable sacrifice like unto his brother Abel. And to him also was born a son, and he called his name Enos. And then began these men to call upon the name of the Lord, and the Lord blessed them. And a book of remembrance was kept, in which was recorded in the language of Adam, for it was given unto as many as called upon God to write by the spirit of inspiration. And by them their children were taught to read and write, having a language which was pure and undefiled. Now this same Priesthood which was in the beginning shall be in the end of the world also (now this prophecy Adam spoke as he was moved upon by the holy ghost). And a genealogy was kept of the children of God (and this was the book of the generations of Adam), saying, In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; in the image of his own body, male and female, created he them, and blessed them, and called their name Adam in the day when they were created and became living souls in the land, upon the footstool of God.
- And Adam lived a hundred thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and called his name Seth. And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years. And he begot many sons and daughters. And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred thirty years, and he died.
- Seth lived a hundred five years and begot Enos, and prophesied in all his days, and taught Enos in the ways of God; wherefore, Enos prophesied also. And Seth lived, after he begot Enos, eight hundred seven years and begot many sons and daughters.
- And the children of men were numerous upon all the face of the land. And in these days, Satan had great dominion among men and raged in their hearts. And from that point forward came wars and bloodshed. And a man’s hand was against his own brother in administering death because of secret works seeking for power.
- And all the days of Seth were nine hundred twelve years, and he died.
- And Enos lived ninety years and begot Cainan. And Enos and the residue of the people of God came out from the land which was called Shulon and dwelled in a land of promise, which he called after his own son whom he had named Cainan. And Enos lived, after he begot Cainan, eight hundred fifteen years and begot many sons and daughters. And all the days of Enos were nine hundred five years, and he died.
- And Cainan lived seventy years and begot Mahalalel. And Cainan lived, after he begot Mahalalel, eight hundred forty years and begot sons and daughters. And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred ten years, and he died.
- And Mahalalel lived sixty-five years and begot Jared. And Mahalalel lived, after he begot Jared, eight hundred thirty years and begot sons and daughters. And all the days of Mahalalel were eight hundred ninety-five years, and he died.
- And Jared lived a hundred sixty-two years and begot Enoch. And Jared lived, after he begot Enoch, eight hundred years and begot sons and daughters. And Jared taught Enoch in all the ways of God.
- And this is the genealogy of the sons of Adam, who was the son of God, with whom God himself conversed. And they were preachers of righteousness, and spoke, and prophesied, and called upon all men everywhere to repent. And faith was taught unto the children of men.
- And it came to pass that all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty-two years, and he died.
- And Enoch lived sixty-five years and begot Methuselah.
A revelation concerning Adam after he had been driven out of the Garden of Eden.
The genealogy from Adam to Enoch and plan of salvation, etc.