- The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, Son of man, set your face against the Ammonites, and prophesy against them, and say unto the Ammonites, Hear the word of the Lord God; thus says the Lord God: Because you said, Aha — against my sanctuary when it was profaned, and against the land of Israel when it was desolate, and against the house of Judah when they went into captivity, behold, therefore I will deliver you to the men of the east for a possession; and they shall set their palaces in you, and make their dwellings in you. They shall eat your fruit and they shall drink your milk. And I will make Rabbah a stable for camels, and the Ammonites a resting place for flocks; and you shall know that I am the Lord.
- For thus says the Lord God: Because you have clapped your hands, and stamped with the feet, and rejoiced in heart with all your spite against the land of Israel, behold, therefore I will stretch out my hand upon you, and will deliver you for a spoil to the heathen, and I will cut you off from the people, and I will cause you to perish out of the countries. I will destroy you, and you shall know that I am the Lord.
- Thus says the Lord God: Because Moab and Seir do say, Behold, the house of Judah is like unto all the heathen — therefore, behold, I will open the side of Moab from the cities, from his cities which are on his frontiers, the glory of the country — Bethjeshimoth, Baal-Meon, and Kiriathaim — unto the men of the east with the Ammonites, and will give them in possession, that the Ammonites may not be remembered among the nations. And I will execute judgments upon Moab, and they shall know that I am the Lord.
- Thus says the Lord God: Because Edom has dealt against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and has greatly offended, and avenged himself upon them, therefore thus says the Lord God: I will also stretch out my hand upon Edom, and will cut off man and beast from it, and I will make it desolate from Teman, and they of Dedan shall fall by the sword. And I will lay my vengeance upon Edom by the hand of my people Israel, and they shall do in Edom according to my anger and according to my fury, and they shall know my vengeance, says the Lord God.
- Thus says the Lord God: Because the Philistines have dealt by revenge, and have taken vengeance with a spiteful heart, to destroy it for the old hatred, therefore thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will stretch out my hand upon the Philistines, and I will cut off the Cherethites, and destroy the remnant of the sea coast. And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes, and they shall know that I am the Lord when I shall lay my vengeance upon them.