- Adam, Seth, Enos, Cainan, Mahalalel, Jared, Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, Noah; Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- The sons of Japheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras. And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah. And the sons of Javan: Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
- The sons of Ham: Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. And the sons of Cush: Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah. And the sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan. And Cush begot Nimrod — he began to be mighty upon the earth. And Mizraim begot the Ludites, and Anamites, and Lehabites, and Naphtuhites, and Pathrusites, and Casluhites — of whom came the Philistines — and Caphtorites. And Canaan begot Sidon his firstborn, and Heth; the Jebusite also, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite, and the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite, and the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.
- The sons of Shem: Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech. And Arphaxad begot Selah, and Selah begot Eber. And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg, because in his days the earth was divided, and his brother’s name was Joktan. And Joktan begot Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah, Hadoram also, and Uzal, and Diklah, and Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba, and Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.
- Shem, Arphaxad, Selah, Eber, Peleg, Reu, Serug, Nahor, Terah, Abram (the same is Abraham).
- The sons of Abraham: Isaac and Ishmael. These are their generations.
- The firstborn of Ishmael: Nebaioth; then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam, Mishma, and Dumah, Massa, Hadad, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah. These are the sons of Ishmael.
- Now the sons of Keturah, Abraham’s concubine. She bore Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. And the sons of Jokshan: Sheba and Dedan. And the sons of Midian: Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abidah, and Eldaah. All these are the sons of Keturah.
- And Abraham begot Isaac. The sons of Isaac: Esau and Israel.
- The sons of Esau: Eliphaz, Reuel, and Jeush, and Jalam, and Korah. The sons of Eliphaz: Teman, and Omar, Zepho, and Gatam, Kenaz, and Timna, and Amalek. The sons of Reuel: Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
- And the sons of Seir: Lotan, and Shobal, and Zibeon, and Anah, and Dishon, and Ezer, and Dishan. And the sons of Lotan: Hori and Hemam; and Timna was Lotan’s sister. The sons of Shobal: Alvan, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shephi, and Onam. And the sons of Zibeon: Aiah and Anah. The sons of Anah: Dishon. And the sons of Dishon: Amram, and Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran. The sons of Ezer: Bilhan, and Zaavan, and Jaakan. The sons of Dishan: Uz and Aran.
- Now these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom before any king reigned over the children of Israel: Bela the son of Beor, and the name of his city was Dinhabah. And when Bela was dead, Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead. And when Jobab was dead, Husham of the land of the Temanites reigned in his stead. And when Husham was dead, Hadad the son of Bedad, who smote Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his stead; and the name of his city was Avith. And when Hadad was dead, Samlah of Masrekah reigned in his stead. And when Samlah was dead, Shaul of Rehoboth by the river reigned in his stead. And when Shaul was dead, Baalhanan the son of Achbor reigned in his stead. And when Baalhanan was dead, Hadad reigned in his stead; and the name of his city was Pau, and his wife’s name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab. Hadad died also.
- And the chiefs of Edom were: chief Timnah, chief Alvah, chief Jetheth, chief Aholibamah, chief Elah, chief Pinon, chief Kenaz, chief Teman, chief Mibzar, chief Magdiel, chief Iram. These are the chiefs of Edom.
- These are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun, Dan, Joseph, and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
THE FIRST BOOK OF THE CHRONICLES