- And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of Jacob and Salome, bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And very early in the morning, the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun. And they said among themselves, Who shall roll away the stone from the door of the sepulcher for us?
- But when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away (for it was very great) and two angels sitting thereon, clothed in long white garments. And they were frightened, but the angels said unto them, Be not afraid. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen; he is not here. Behold the place where they laid him, and go your way. Tell his disciples, and Peter, that he goes before you into Galilee. There shall you see him, as he said unto you.
- And they, entering into the sepulcher, saw the place where they laid Jesus. And they went out quickly and fled from the sepulcher, for they trembled and were amazed. Neither said they anything to any man, for they were afraid.
- Now when Jesus had risen, early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. And she went and told them who had been with him, as they mourned and wept. And they, when they heard that he was alive and had been seen of her, believed not.
- After that, he appeared in another form unto two of them as they walked and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue. Neither did they believe them.
- Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at a meal, and upbraided them, with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not those who had seen him after he had risen. And he said unto them, Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believes not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe: in my name they shall cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.
- So then, after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into Heaven and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.