- Explanation of the above Cut.
- 1 - Abraham sitting upon Pharaoh's throne, by the politeness of the king, with a crown upon his head representing the priesthood, as emblematical of the grand presidency in heaven with the scepter of justice and judgment in his hand.
- 2 - King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.
- 3 - Signifies Abraham in Egypt, referring to Abraham as given in the 9th No of the Times & Seasons.
- 4 - Prince of Pharaoh, King of Egypt, as written above the hand.
- 5 - Shulem, one of the king's principle waiters, as represented by the characters above his hand.
- 6 - Olimlah, a slave belonging to the prince.
- Abraham is reasoning upon the principles of astronomy in the king's Court.
FACSIMILE FROM THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM