Tools & Tips
Text Size for Reading
When reading in the scriptures, three buttons are available which change the size of the text to a convenient size for you. Click or tap on a button to resize the text.
Tool for Converting Traditional Bible & LDS Scripture References
The Scripture Reference Conversion tool makes it possible to convert traditional Bible and LDS scripture references into Restoration Edition references. It is also possible to convert references the opposite direction.
Tips for the Search Box Tool
The search box on the top of each page can be used in several different ways:
Restoration Edition Scripture References: You can enter a scripture reference in the Search box using a book name, chapter, and paragraph number, such as Ether 1:12, and it will take you to that scripture and highlight the right paragraphs for you. Paragraph references can include paragraph ranges and individual paragraph numbers separated by commas, such as Matt. 4:3,5-9,14. A full list of supported book abbreviations can be found here.
Traditional Bible References: You can enter a traditional Bible scriptural reference by prefixing your search with "KJV ", and it will take you to the corresponding Restoration Edition paragraph(s). For example, searching for "KJV Rev. 12:1-6" will take you to the corresponding paragraphs in the Restoration Edition.
LDS Scripture References: You can enter an LDS scriptural reference by prefixing your search with "LDS ", and it will take you to the corresponding Restoration Edition paragraph(s). For example, searching for "LDS 1 Ne. 3:7" will take you to the corresponding paragraph in the Restoration Edition.
Keywords: Enter one or more keywords separated by spaces, such as truth light. The search result will list scripture paragraphs having these words or variations of the words, where those listed first are paragraphs where the words show up the most and are closest together. For example, searching for the word do will also return occurences of "does", "did", "done", and "doing".
Exact Phrase: To search for a phrase, enter the phrase in quotes, such as "and it came to pass". For example, searching for "do" will return occurences of "do" and not "does", "did", etc.
Keywords excluding a word: Similar to a keyword search, you can search for keywords where a specific word does not occur. Just put a dash on the front of the word to exclude.
For example, if you wanted to search for the keyword Laman where the word Lemuel is not present, you would search for Laman -Lemuel.
Refining your Search Results
Ordering: Once your search results come up, you can click a link under "Order by" sort them by the order they occur in the text. (that is, by book, chapter, and paragraph)
Filtering: You can click a link under "Filter your results" to show only results from that volume of scripture. You can then click on a book to further filter the results. Then click on the red to remove a filter and see more of the results again.
Reading Scriptures Aloud & Getting Links
When you're viewing a chapter, you can either tap on a paragraph or move your mouse over it to see three buttons:
Click on Play from this paragraph to have the web site read the scriptures aloud starting from that paragraph. While it is playing:
- The paragraph currently being read will be highlighted with a blue outline.
- You will find a control panel at the top of the page (click the '' button) that will allow you to change the speed, the voice of the reader, and tell it whether you would like the page to automatically scroll, keeping up with the paragraph being read. Note: You will need to pause the reading in order for voice and speed changes to take effect.
- You can also tell it whether you would like it to automatically read the next chapter when it gets done with the current one.
- Click on Copy reference to copy the scripture reference for that paragraph onto your clipboard, so you can paste it somewhere else. If you paste it as rich text (for example, into email, a document, a blog post, etc.), the reference text will be hyperlinked to the paragraph on Scriptures.info.
- Click on Copy link to paragraph to copy a hyperlink to that exact paragraph onto your clipboard, so you can paste it somewhere else. When someone follows it, that paragraph will be highlighted.
- Click on Copy paragraph text to copy the text of that paragraph to your clipboard, so you can paste it somewhere else.
Getting Links to Ranges of Paragraphs
Search for a scriptural reference using the Search box on the top left of any page. Once you arrive at the page, you can copy the address (URL) from your browser's address bar and paste it where you like for your hyperlink. Note that if you want to link to a range of paragraphs, you should use this method. For example, you could search for 3 Nephi 3:8-9,13 and then copy the URL from your browser's address bar.
Tracking Changes to the Text
The Change Tracking page makes it easy to see what changes have been made since the text was finalized for the leather-bound edition. (First Edition, First Printing. Text V1.000 - 2019.11.25) It also makes it straightforward to find and update your own print edition with the same changes (should you wish to do so), whether paperback, hardback, or leather-bound. Further details about the changes are discussed on the page.
Problems or Errors
If you see any issues with the site please let us know and we will try to resolve them as quickly as possible.