- Listen to the voice of Jesus Christ your Redeemer, the great I Am, whose arm of mercy has atoned for your sins, who will gather his people even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, even as many as will hearken to my voice, and humble themselves before me and call upon me in mighty prayer. Behold, verily, verily I say unto you at this time, Your sins are forgiven you, therefore, you receive these things. But remember to sin no more, lest perils shall come upon you.
- Verily, I say unto you that you are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump. Lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst and am your Advocate with the Father, and it is his good will to give you the Kingdom. And as it is written, Whatever you shall ask in faith being united in prayer, according to my command, you shall receive.
- And you are called to bring to pass the gathering of my elect, for my elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts. Wherefore, the decree has gone forth from the Father that they shall be gathered in unto one place upon the face of this land, to prepare their hearts and be prepared in all things against the day when tribulation and desolation are sent forth upon the wicked. For the hour is nigh and the day is soon at hand when the earth will be ripe, and all the proud and they that do wickedly shall be as stubble, and I will burn them up, says the Lord of Hosts, that wickedness shall not be upon the earth. For the hour is nigh, and that which was spoken by my apostles must be fulfilled, for as they spoke so shall it come to pass. For I will reveal myself from Heaven, with Power and Great Glory, with all the hosts thereof, and dwell in righteousness with men on Earth a thousand years, and the wicked shall not stand.
- And again, verily, verily I say unto you, and it has gone forth in a firm decree by the will of the Father, that my apostles, the twelve which were with me in my ministry at Jerusalem, shall stand at my right hand at the day of my coming, in a pillar of fire, being clothed with robes of righteousness, with crowns upon their heads, in Glory even as I am, to judge the whole House of Israel, even as many as have loved me and kept my commandments, and none else. For a trump shall sound both long and loud, even as upon Mount Sinai, and all the earth shall quake, and they shall come forth, yea, even the dead which died in me, to receive a crown of righteousness and to be clothed upon even as I am, to be with me that we may be one.
- But behold, I say unto you that before this great day shall come, the Sun shall be darkened and the Moon shall be turned to blood, and some Stars shall fall from Heaven, and there shall be greater signs in the heavens above and in the earth beneath. And there shall be weeping and wailing among the inhabitants of Earth. And there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth. And it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent, for the cup of mine indignation is full. For behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they repent not. Wherefore, I the Lord God will send forth flies upon the face of the earth which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh and shall cause maggots to come in upon them, and their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me, and their flesh shall fall from off their bones and their eyes from their sockets, and it shall come to pass that the beasts of the forest and the fowls of the air shall devour them up.
- And that great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall be cast down by devouring fire, according as it was spoken by the mouth of Ezekiel the prophet, who spoke of these things which have not come to pass as yet, but surely must, as I live, for abominations shall not reign.
- And again, verily, verily I say unto you that when the thousand years are ended and men again begin to deny their God, then will I spare the earth but for a little season, and the end shall come, and the heaven and the earth shall be consumed and pass away, and there shall be a new heaven and a new earth. For all old things shall pass away and all things shall become new, even the heaven and the earth, and all the fullness thereof, both men and beasts, the fowls of the air and the fishes of the sea, and not one hair neither mote shall be lost, for it is the workmanship of my hand.
- But behold, verily I say unto you, Before the earth shall pass away, Michael, my Archangel, shall sound his trump, and then shall all the dead awake, for their graves shall be opened and they shall come forth, yea, even all. And the righteous shall be gathered on my right hand unto Eternal life, and the wicked on my left hand will I be ashamed to own before the Father. Wherefore, I will say unto them, Depart from me you cursed into everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.
- And now, behold, I say unto you, Never at any time have I declared from mine own mouth that they should return, for where I am they cannot come, for they have no Power. But remember that all my judgments are not given unto men, and as the words have gone forth out of my mouth, even so shall they be fulfilled, that the first shall be last and that the last shall be first, in all things whatever I have created by the Word of my Power, which is the Power of my Spirit. For by the Power of my Spirit created I them, yea, all things both spiritual and temporal, firstly spiritual, secondly temporal, which is the beginning of my work. And again, firstly temporal and secondly spiritual, which is the last of my work, speaking unto you that you may naturally understand, but unto myself, my work has no end neither beginning, but it is given unto you that you may understand, because you have asked it of me and are agreed.
- Wherefore, verily I say unto you that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was temporal, neither any man nor the children of men, neither Adam your father whom I created. Behold, I gave unto him that he should be an agent unto himself and I gave unto him a commandment, but no temporal commandment gave I unto him, for my commandments are spiritual, they are not natural nor temporal, neither carnal nor sensual.
- And it came to pass that Adam, being tempted of the Devil, for behold, the Devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me your honor which is my Power, and also a third part of the hosts of Heaven turned he away from me because of their agency. And they were thrust down, and thus came the Devil and his angels, and behold, a place prepared for them from the beginning, which place is Hell. And it must needs be that the Devil should tempt the children of men, or they could not be agents unto themselves, for if they never should have bitter they could not know the sweet. Wherefore, it came to pass that the Devil tempted Adam and he partook of the forbidden fruit and transgressed the commandment, wherein he became subject to the will of the Devil, because he yielded unto temptation.
- Wherefore, I the Lord God caused that he should be cast out from the garden of Eden, from my presence, because of his transgression wherein he became spiritually dead, which is the first death, even that same death which is the last death, which is spiritual, which shall be pronounced upon the wicked when I shall say, Depart you cursed.
- But behold, I say unto you that I the Lord God gave unto Adam and unto his seed that they should not die, as to the temporal death, until I the Lord God should send forth angels to declare unto them repentance and redemption through faith on the name of mine Only Begotten Son. And thus did I, the Lord God, appoint unto man the days of his probation that by his natural death he might be raised in immortality unto Eternal life, even as many as would believe, and they that believe not, unto Eternal damnation, for they cannot be redeemed from their spiritual fall because they repent not, for they will love darkness rather than light and their deeds are evil, and they receive their wages of whom they list to obey.
- But behold, I say unto you that little children are redeemed from the foundation of the world through my Only Begotten. Wherefore, they cannot sin, for power is not given to Satan to tempt little children, until they begin to become accountable before me. For it is given unto them, even as I will, according to my own pleasure, that great things may be required at the hand of their fathers. And again, I say unto you, who, having knowledge, have not I commanded to repent? And he that has no understanding, it remains in me to do according as it is written. And now, behold, I declare no more unto you at this time. Amen.
A revelation given at Fayette, New York, September 1830, to Joseph the Seer.